That's Ridonkulous!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

LP needs to put out video

I created this DVD before the 2004 presidential election using a great program called DVDLab Pro, with the hopes of spreading Michael Badnarik’s name as much as the LP's. I sent out about 20-30 copies to people from the Badnarik blog at the time and got some decent responses. I’m still unsure whether or not it was passed on to others, or if duplicates were made for others to see. The majority of the clips are from CATO, and I wish there was more LP content to work with. In fact, there’s slim to none. Luckily I was able to throw in some videos of Michael Badnarik just prior to the election, in an attempt to make it a little more conducive to the LP rather than CATO.



Couple stories on the DVD:

  • 1. I actually sent David Boaz a copy A WHILE back (pre-Badnarik clips) and he responded via email. He was short in his response, but definitely said that doing something with video should be higher on their agenda, as they currently only put out CATO audio. He did point out that there needed to be editing of the videos (I assume introductions, and post Q&A period), but I’m not too up to speed with video editing programs. Besides, I would have had to invest a lot more time than I was willing to at that point.

    2. Every so often, I’ll email the person in charge of events and bug them about whether or not the video from a CATO forum will be archived. I was particularly interested in seeing
    this Cato forum, which had Penn Jillette as one of their speakers. So I emailed the lady, and also purposefully included a link to the DVD I made. Well, I got a call at my job not too long thereafter. Yeah, I sent it from work, and yes, I had a signature line with my # on it. She was real nice about it, but she told me that the link needed to be taken down. Needless to say, I took it down…well, actually I just copied it to a different page, as posted above and here.

Anyways, it was a lot of fun making this, and I wish I can do something in the future strictly with LP content. I wonder if Joe Seehusen would consider throwing together a nice little video, with a nice backdrop/set, just to maybe give people an introduction to the party. That would go along nicely with the little membership drive their attempting. Forget about the “Send a friend a link” feature, we need to give them video! Tim West talks about what else needs to be done at the “revamped” LP.org in an older post. BTW, I recently bought the Plextor dual layer PX-716UF. I’m just waiting for the damn dual layer discs to drop down in price. This will allow for a lot more video, and a lot less compression.

FYI, if you're interested in a copy of the DVD, let me know in the comments section. I'm no longer altering anything on the DVD, as I'll be cleaning up the PC I created it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home